I suggest you...

Allow creating data disk with ISO9660+Joliet+UDF file systems.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    UncleBobUncleBob shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I am lost I have loads of music I am 56 in a few days can someone give me a clue I have a 6 cd pack pack in the back of my Saab estate & am sick of the same old cd can someone help with how i name an Mp3 using Joiliet could any ideas or tutorials please

• DistmanDistman commented  · 

With version 4.5 this was a step backward. I downgraded my CDBurnerXP already. Please enable this again like in 4.4 and don't hide it in the menu. Please put it in the burning dialog.
        Before I just could burn a CD which was everywhere readable. No I have to remember to select the right file system first. This is not convenient.

• JinxJinx commented  · 

Also, could the filesystem dialog include the various level restrictions?

Right now, all the options include significant limits of filename length (nothing over 127). However, ISO9660 Level 2 should be capable of allowing up to ~180 (non-unicode) characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660#File_and_directory_name_restrictions

Perhaps just an "enable Unicode" option would be good enough?

See also: http://cdburnerxp.uservoice.com/forums/165656-feature-requests/suggestions/3691064-offer-to-automatically-truncate-rather-than-rejec

• JinxJinx commented  · 

Please support "so-called 'bridged' filesystems" again. Since 4.5 came out, I can no longer burn MP3CDs properly. I don't quite understand why functionality was lost. I may need to revert if this is not fixed.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

Indeed. Full 2048 character files names & paths is pretty essential for backups these days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base