I suggest you...

Recorder buffer level indicator on the Burning Process tab

It would be really nice if CDBurnerXp would have one, just line in Nero Burning ROM. I miss this feature from the past!

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • davedave commented  · 

i miss this feature too. its nice to see if everything is burning ok. most other burning software has this feature so I doubt it would be confusing to a user. could make it optional and turned off by default?

• DavidDavid commented  · 

We can consider the buffer level information is important when intensively using the computer as disk throughput could dramatically decrease if launching other programs, making searches...
        So anyone can have an idea of it's own computer capacity not to run out of buffer when doing daily jobs.
        For that reason of unknown buffer level, i always burn at reduced speeds while i certainly coud do it faster...
        I agree this feature is near geek but could be enabled in options.

• Canneverbe LimitedAdminCanneverbe Limited (Admin, CDBurnerXP) commented  · 

"For drive diagnostic purposes it would be great." - Well, that is why I personally don't like it. People using CDBurnerXP are not making a diagnosis usually. For anyone who doesn't, the additional progress bar is just confusing. Still, I won't stop anyone from voting for this feature.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I know that CDBurnerXP has "Buffer Underrun Protection" built in. The indicator would be useful for some users who would like to get a information about the buffer level. For drive diagnostic purposes it would be great.

This feature shouldn't be as hard to implement, and if you think that it's useless, just please ignore my feature request.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Feedback and Knowledge Base