I suggest you...

Verify Audio Disk Burns

When you burn an audio CD, and lets say you have a bad disk, you can burn a coaster, and not even be warned. To my knowledge, every other major burning software out there, with the exception of Windows itself and Sony's CD Architect, verifies an audio disk when burnt. I run a small recording studio. If I give a customer a disk that I'm not sure is a coaster or not, I am risking looking like an amateur. Why is audio and music discriminated against here, whereas one can indeed verify Data CD's after writing?

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Whadaboudit shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One reason to move this up in priority vs. others with more votes, is this is a feature Nero has had probably since about the year 2000, if not earlier. It is perhaps one of a small number of features of the basic burning app of Nero from that era as yet still unimplemented in CDBurnerXP.

IMGBurn hasn't been updated since 2013 (and I had to do a special install of it in order to exclude the spamware). I think you're just now starting to surpass it in terms of audio burning.

• John C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been claimed that you cannot verify an audio CD, due to jitter. However, when I burn an audio CD and rip it back again, I can compare the original and the ripped file, and find them to be identical time and time again. Thus, you CAN expect to be able to verify audio CD's, at least on some drives (perhaps those made in the last 20 years?). If this is not a functionality that is available by default (it should be), it could be something that is enabled by some option, with a warning, when clicked, that some (probably absurdly old) burners might claim verify errors when there are none, due to jitter.

Feedback and Knowledge Base